Tuesday 11 November 2008

Frivolity for Comfort

I've been living in a hotel for about a week and a half, and I'm really looking forward to going back to the UK for a wedding over the weekend. Since I'm by myself, I really miss my 2 homes: one in the UK and one in the South in America. The webcam with my boyfriend has been one source of comfort. But I've also been dreaming of my upcoming jaunt to the States for Christmas. There are lots of really important things that I'm looking forward to. Like visiting with friends and family.
But in my homesickness, I've become really eager to go shopping at the best store on the planet: Tar-Jay Boutique. A friend wrote about a great shoe find, and I just can't wait to go shopping.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the virtues of Tar-Jay Boutique, I thought I'd list some of the reasons why it's my favorite store.
1. You can get (just about) everything there, which makes for excellent one-stop-shopping. Clothes. Accessories. Food. Health and Beauty Products. Music. Electronics. Games and toys. Holiday Decorations. Umbrellas. Linens. Furniture. There is even a Pharmacy. I could go on. But if you want to know more, I just recommend the website.
2. Everything from Tar-Jay Boutique is reasonably priced.
3. They have lots of cute stuff.
4. It's not Wal-Mart.
5. They donate 5% of their income to the community.
So I've noticed that sweater dresses are fashinable this season, so I've been searching for one of my very own. Haven't made a purchase yet. Although I would like to have one before I get to America in December, I think I might find the best buys there. And of course I've noticed that Tar-Jay Boutitque has a nice selection of sweater dresses.
So what do y'all think of this trend? Have you spotted any particularly beautiful sweater dresses?

3 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

My favorite: "It's not Wal-Mart" - so, so true.

Lipstick said...

Awww.... thanks for the linky love!

I totally agree-my fave line is "it's not Wal-Mart"

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.