Wednesday 19 November 2008

Deja Vu


I don't get it. I'm really glad I found this channel. But I just don't get it.

What am I talking about? Well, I'm working in France at the moment. I thought that the only TV channels in English were CNN and BBC. But the other day I found a channel that shows movies in that I can understand perfecly. So either my French is getting really good, or I am actually hearing these movies in English.



The weird thing is... for the most part, there are no subtitles- in any language. However, when something is written that's important for the story, such as "U Can Save Her" spelled out in letter magnets on the fridge in "Deja vu" , there is a French subtitle. Or if there are people speaking a language other than English, then there are French subtitles.



So tonight I have the pleasure of watching Matt Damon in "The Bourne Ultimatum."

Now I just wish I had my DVR so that I can pause, fast forward, and rewind.


No comments: