Thursday 16 October 2008

Welcome

This is the first blog I've ever written. It's taken me a long time to join the Blog universe because I haven't had that much to say semi-publicly... until now. Also, in the past, I had a dissertation to write, so that kinda took precedence over rambling on the inter webs. Now I'm still as busy as ever, but maybe I'll take advantage of some down time to share my thoughts. We'll see how long this lasts.
Not that I expect anyone will find my thoughts terribly interesting. I've been inspired by the blogs of two friends, Lipstick at the Mailbox and Domestic Kate. I think that their posts are really good. And if anyone has any comments on my posts, I'd love to hear what you think.
So, why have I called this thing "Girl in the Yella Coat?" Well, I've been wearing my bright yellow trench coat recently. You can't miss me when I've got it on. It really is like a ray of sunshine, which we can often use in Newcastle. And I've purposefully misspelled yellow to reflect my Southern accent, because y'all know that's how I really talk. Especially when I'm around my close friends.
Some people have themes for their blog. At the moment I have no theme. Maybe I'll come up with one. But in the beginning, you might notice that I'll discuss the upcoming election in the United States. That's what I'm fired up about at the moment. And that will probably change in a month or so.
So please leave your comments. And for all of you seasoned bloggers, please forgive me if I make any blogging faux pas. I'm a newbie. I'll try to catch on. So here goes.

2 comments:

Lipstick said...

Thank you SO much for the invite- I can't wait to read the two newest posts! I'll be back later today! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Domestic Kate said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! Yay!